Design and Development of a Score Board Accessory for Ping Pong Game
Ping Pong (Table Tennis) improves your concentration power, reflex action, hand eye coordination and many more. However, the most frustrating part of playing ping pong is keeping the score and tracking which player will start at which end. In this assignment, you are asked to find a solution for this problem. You are going to design and develop an Arduino-based accessory for the Ping Pong game.
The following figure shows the overall design of the access
Here are the requirements of the accessory:
• The accessory shall display game scores and set poi
• The accessory has four buttons: two for each corne advancing the set point by 1, and the other for dec
• Player can increase his/her score by pressing the b
nts as in two separate rows using
r of the table. One button for
reasing it by 1.
utton in his/her corner.
• After two points the receiver shall become the server, and the server the receiver, and
so on after every two points until the end of the game or the score is 10-all. However, if
a score of 10-10 is reached in any set, then each server serves only one point and then
the server is switched.
• After each set, as the players switch side of the table, LCD monitor switches the scores
and points as well.
• The player who first score 11 points is the winner, however a game must be won by at
least a two-point margin.
• A match/game is played as 5 sets
Please do the experiments suggested in the following web site. There are plenty of examples and experiments which will help you to build the accessory. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sik-experiment-guide-for-the-arduino-101genuino-101- board/download-and-setup-the-arduino-software
Each team needs to deliver the accessory, perform a presentation and demo. After the
presentation, each team member will be interviewed individually.