Teams: Form groups of 4 each. Email Chi with the team name and members.
Using the Verilog, write code that computes sinh(x), cosh(x), and ex of 32 bit IEEE-754 floating point numbers without using multiplication operations. There will be extra credit for any additional functions you generate.
- Read a number from memory (store any constants in memory)
- Computer sinh(x)
- Computer cosh(x)
- Computer ex
- Store result (and anything else interesting) in memory
Sunday, 7 May, 11.59pm: Verilog code due on Blackboard
Monday, 9 May, 11.59pm: No changes allowed after submission
Documentation due on Blackboard as PDF
Tuesday-Friday 9-12 May: 10 min demonstration, in Chi’s office
Source code: 30%
Oral presentation & demonstration: 30%
- 10 minutes
- Approach, Code discussion, Issues and solutions, Your Results, and Demonstration with Chi’s numbers
Final report: 30%
- Total Computer Cycles for each function
- Total Processing time assuming a 32kHz clock, a 1MHz clock, and a 1 GHz clock for each function
- CPI for each function
- All implemented algorithms must be described.
- Show sample input and output data
Peer review: 10%