A client company has asked you to research and recommend an Application Lifecycle Management tool for their small but growing software development firm (300 employees working from one headquarters location). The company has developed several innovative cybersecurity threat detection and analysis applications which use big data analytics to hunt down cybercriminals and cyberterrorists. The CEO has realized his company’s sales and reputation are at risk if his company cannot demonstrate that their products are trustworthy by showing that all software components have been under tight configuration control throughout the entire application lifecycle.
- Choose one of the Application Life Cycle Management products from the Gartner Magic Quadrant analysis. Then, research your chosen product using the vendor’s website and product information brochures.
- Find three or more additional sources which provide reviews for (a) your chosen product or (b) information about Application Life Cycle Management.
Write a two to three page summary of your research. At a minimum, your summary must include the following:
- An introduction or overview for the security technology category (Application Lifecycle Management)
- A review of the features, capabilities, and deficiencies for your selected vendor and product
- Discussion of how the selected product could be used by your client to support its cybersecurity objectives by reducing risk, increasing resistance to threats/attacks, decreasing vulnerabilities, etc.
- Address security issues using standard terms (e.g. 5 Pillars IA, 5 Pillars Information Security).